How I Earn Money Online by Blogging
Hello guys, Jason here. I am going to share with you how do I make money online by blogging. This is the method I used and I am using until now. It has changed my life and view about making money. This article will consist of a short story of me, what is the method I used, how I started, my journey and how to succeed in this journey.
There are two ways that I am earning money online. One is that I am using Affiliate marketing, which to explain it easily is I make online by commissions by selling other people’s products online, and of course, by advertisements where advertisers pay me a sum of money based on my traffic and clicks.
Look, I am not going to lie. This method of earning money online will consume months of hustling. Income is not generated easily unless you did your part to work. THIS IS NOT A QUICK RICH SCHEME. So if you expect to be a millionaire tomorrow after reading this, this is not for you.
For those who wants to reap rewards based on hustling, constant learning, and ultimately building something you would be proud of in the future. This is for you because I have listed here all of the experiences I took to create a business online.
Be warned: This will be very rewarding and at the same time difficult, it is like you will be introduced to a new world.
You will just realize that it is not that hard to earn a stable income online. Why? Because that is what I found after I learned how to make money online.
What Are You Going to Learn in this Article:
- A Little bit About Me
- Introduction to Blogging
- How to Earn Money by Affiliate Marketing
- Introduction to Wealthy Affiliate
- How to Use Wealthy Affiliate Effectively (IMPORTANT IF YOU WANT TO SUCCEED)
- Full Review of Wealthy Affiliate
- Why do People Fail in Wealthy Affiliate (IMPORTANT)
- BONUS: How to Double or Even Triple Your Income
- Get $30 off the first month in Wealthy Affiliate, only 19 dollars the first month
You might be thinking that why would you pay for 19 dollars just to learn affiliate marketing? Actually that is cheap especially if you are building an online business. I will explain later in this article. Rest assured that I will be 100% completely honest with you. “No B.S.”
Oh right, before I start. This will be a very long and thorough article because I will explain in here everything I know for you to succeed in creating a business online. It literally took me 7 days to finish this article because I need to put everything I know in it. So if you can’t finish it, make sure to bookmark it on your browser or maybe share a link to your social media, whatever it is just to make you remember to read it again later.
How are you going to be sure that this review is not BS
This is my Personal Website. As you can see, I even have my first and last name in my website name. I will be completely honest with you here. Well I always did but this is a guarantee that my integrity is on the line. Even my personal social media accounts are in this website. 🙂
I am giving you the 100% truth about this platform. The reason this is in my personal website is that I will be sharing with you all of the things I know and my experiences.
Look. I’m giving you my name and social media details in this website. Why? Because I am confident that this product works.
Alright? So let’s start then. 🙂
A Little Bit About Me
My life Before Wealthy Affiliate
I am not going to tell you that I am someone who started as a very poor man with nothing at all in his pocket. I am also not someone who will show you some Ferrari pictures with me like the others, because I want to be completely honest with you. I am neither of those. I earn some money so I can live by myself, and I have a car but not a crazily expensive one .
I am not rich, but I earn enough money for me to buy things that I need and want. I do teaching as a part-time job and so I have some money and in the middle class. In fact, I can live with that money from teaching.
However, I want something more.
You see, I want to build something for myself. I want to make something that I would be proud off. A passive income where I would get some extra cash even if I am sick. Something that would give me substantial amount of money to live with in the future. Where I don’t have to work everyday and be tired when I go home. I just want… to live and be free. I also love to travel and earn while doing it.
To be honest with you, I just want something different from the usual things that I do.
In fact, I am 24 years old and some people would call what I am experiencing as a quarter life crisis.
I actually started to think of doing other things and to find out things that I would love to do. In fact, I want to just have a simple life but I am in a crisis where I really don’t know if I am going to go teaching like this or I want a business online.
I took some vacation and to be honest, before wealthy affiliate was a really sad part of my life.
You see, my girlfriend broke up with me that time right after my vacation, when I got home she broke up with me on Instagram chat. I tried to chase her and beg her to please come back to me, but she really did not want anymore. I just realized how idiotic I am while writing this part of the article.
There is something more, I started to do the 90 days no gaming challenge that time to quit gaming. I want to focus on the real people in my life and to level myself up. Did you know that when I just realized this and tried everything to be the best, that’s the time she broke up with me? It really hurts when you try to pull yourself up, and then somebody close to you pulled you down.
Well, a lesson I’ve been proud of because that started to increase my determination of moving forward.
So continuing to the story, I am starting to improve myself by not gaming. Usually, after some challenging times like this on my life, I would just have games like Dota and forget about things in my environment, but I was in the challenge. I want to fix my life, but there is a problem.
Since I have a lot of time after the break up, plus the time that I usually play games, I don’t know how to spend it effectively. That usually happens after one right? Hey you can’t blame me for that. This is a new beginning for me so I don’t really know what to do.
I don’t know how to spend it up. So I checked and asked myself what I really want to do in life. If I want to improve upon myself, what do I want then?
I realized that, what I want is to build something to make myself proud. A business that I would start from scratch and something that I would give my 100% because I am working for myself. I said to myself, if I am going to give the time that I am using on gaming in this business, I would definitely bring my life to the next level and I would build something that I would be proud of.
I searched online because well that is just what we now do. I want to know about how will I make a business. It just happened that I found out about Wealthy Affiliate when I was searching.
To tell you the truth, when I first looked on Wealthy Affiliate, I don’t know if I should take it. I was scammed by this kind of things before. I lost a lot of money “about 1,000 dollars.” So I was really skeptical, but I still decided to buy the premium membership on Wealthy Affiliate.
- I really want to improve upon myself, that is the reason why I quit gaming. This might be worth a shot.
- I really have a lot of time to spare and rather than using it to browse in social media, which really used up weeks on my 90 days no gaming challenge , I decided that I would just give this a shot. Using all of my time on social media was stupid because my goal is to use my time to improve upon myself.
- I also took a leave from work because I was preparing for a certification exam back then, extra time and I want to use this time wisely. By the way, I passed the certification exam. 🙂
- I don’t want to miss the opportunity
- I had a $30 discount on my first month. So it would just be $19. I used this discount when buying
You might be asking me this, there is a FREE ACCOUNT in Wealthy Affiliate. Yes, you can register a free account. So why did I go straight to premium? Hey! You can go Free account then upgrade to premium. No problem at all! I also suggest you to do that so you can get a feel on what’s inside. No credit card is needed 🙂
So here is why I still pushed on starting with a Premium account
- 19 Dollars is a really small investment compared to what I lost before ($1000)
- I want to use my time off work to its full potential (I am on a vacation for a certification exam which I passed)
- I don’t want to hold anything back, I really want to give my all to this since I really want some online business online.
- This creates a sense of responsibility – You know the feeling when you see your monthly credit card dues and found a deduction from your savings because of something you bought, and you just can’t help but to use it again so it won’t go to waste? That’s what I am talking about.
More explanation on the sense of responsibilities is since i want to give my all, something that adds to my credit card dues really encourages me more to work. I don’t want to waste my hard earned money!
To tell you honestly, since I went straight to premium without thinking much, I did not know what is Affiliate marketing is until I started Wealthy Affiliate.
Funny right? I was not able to receive any explanation on what Affiliate marketing is like what I am doing for you right now. 🙂 I was really determined to build an online business so I just went for it. I am just thinking that I could just cancel it next month if it doesn’t work. Well not for you because you will learn everything you need to know before starting here.
So What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is where you are selling someone’s products online. Once you referred a customer to the seller, and they bought it, they will give you a commission that depends on what your deal is.
Your job is to find buyers that are willing to buy their products.
Finding sellers are rather very easy. They are really easy to find, just follow the Wealthy Affiliate course and you will get there eventually.
Luckily, Wealthy Affiliate teaches it in a way that absolute beginners such as me understood, remember that when I started, I really don’t know about making a website, much more about affiliate marketing.
The deal with Wealthy Affiliate is that it would teach you to create a website and drive people to it. Then, when they buy the products you are offering, you get your commission.
More about the process later on the “How Does it Work.” part
So you need to create a website in order to start your Wealthy Affiliate Journey, Don’t worry since the platform will help you make a website in just a few clicks.
I hope you know what a website is, but if you are wondering… It is the one that you are seeing right now. This is a website. When you create this and drive people to this website, you will earn money from ads and whatever you are selling online.
Such a simple idea isn’t? Let us see the whole idea into action in the next portion
How Does it Work
So how does it make you money online. You need to understand this. I am just lucky that I found the right platform online. But if you are searching, don’t be like me. Make sure to get how they are making money for your online. It is important since this will be the sign if a platform is legit or a scam.
So here is your blueprint to success. I got it from Wealthy Affiliate, and of course all of the credits should be given to them for this awesome easy to understand diagram. I will explain them to you individually.
1. Your customers will make a search on a search engine (Google, Yahoo, Bing, Yandex, Duck duck goo, etc.)
2. So inside the Search Engines, they will find your website. Hopefully, they click and go on your site.
3. Now, the best part. If they really like the product you are selling. They are going to make a purchase through your website. Make sure to give the most accurate descriptions and how would the product would help them.
4. After that, since someone bought the product because of you, the seller will give you a commission.
As easy as that!
So in short, you make a website, make articles to put in on search engines (Preferably page one in Google/Yahoo), the customer click on your website and buys your product, you get the commissions.
In addition, do not forget that you can also put some advertisements on your website (Will be part of the Course). It is easy, don’t worry it would be on the third level of the course. I will also show you how to start in Wealthy Affiliate later in this article
To sum up what wealthy affiliate really is, it is a program that would mainly teach you how to create and monetize your website. It would teach you how to create and rank your website in search engine, also some deeper tutorials such as content creation, sitemaps, search console etc.
I said above mainly because that is what the course is teaching, but you will be introduced to a community that cares for each other. Which means that the people will help you around if you happen to get stuck on a problem, which trust me that will always come. I already broke my site 3 times as of this writing. But thanks to the Live chat in the community, I was able to fix my website. In addition to that, the learnings I got from breaking my website were invaluable.
They also have a live support so you can also ask them in case there are really serious matters that happened to your site such as when I broke one of my websites because I was experimenting on some plugins. Site backup is really important, thankfully they do it automatically.
To further explain Wealthy affiliate, I will dive into it in the next parts of this article.
Common Misconceptions when going in this Venture
There are some really big misconceptions when going in this venture. I don’t want you to be like them since it can spell into failure. I said can because you can still succeed, but the possibilities will be significantly lower. So here are some Misconceptions that I have noticed some people have while in this platform.
1. It is a Quick Rich Scheme
Wealthy Affiliate is not a quick rich scheme. There is no magic involved in this platform. The results you will be gaining will all be from your hard work and dedication.
I don’t care if some other people would promise you that it would solve all of your money problems in a short amount if time. It will not! But if you placed your full dedication into this venture,
From giving a few hours every week to a full time blogger, this will all depend on your efforts to learn and apply them. Do not go into this venture and expect to have a stable source of income in just tomorow. Or even a month. I earned my first commission on the second month. Just think of how much time, effort and patience I had before having the sweet and lovely commission?
2. You need to be experienced in order for this to work
You don’t need any experience to be able to start this venture. I told you that I have started this without any knowledge on what affiliate marketing is. I even don’t know how to build my own website, buy my domain, wordpress, plugins etc.
I was a complete beginner, well it is true that I have a tried learning from YouTube a few years back on making money online. But I swear that it took me a month to make a website without any domain because it is a “—.wordpress.com” site. Compared to Wealthy Affiliate that I built my website in just a single day.
You just need to learn slowly and make it into a habit. You would learn something new along the way. That is makes this venture exciting.
Ask the community, check out the other courses that the community makes. There are a lot of them just search for them in the platform. Do not hesitate to ask them and you will learn. Nobody started as an expert, we were all beginners once like you. So we understand your current situation.
3. You have to be a Writer
I am not a writer. I only have a passing mark on my English classes when I was a student. In fact I hate language subjects.
The funny thing is that when I started to write in my website, It takes around 4-5 hours to finish a 1,000 word article. I am really not good at writing at all.
I even used the word “stucked” on one of my first articles, which is wrong in every way. What’s great is somebody from the platform corrected my mistake.
With constant writing and practice, I have learned what I need to do. There are also writing tutorials on Wealthy Affiliate for you to check out. In the time of this writing, I can write about 1,000 words per hour including the research.
With those misconceptions stated, I hope you have freed some doubts on yourself. Do not worry since you don’t have to be a writer, coder to start this. No experience needed. Just the determination to move forward is sufficient.
Why have I Chosen Wealthy Affiliate to Teach me online
I have chosen Wealthy Affiliate in teaching me how to make online because well, I found it online. Plus the reviews on the platform are extraordinary. The price is also not the big for my pocket, 19 dollars for the first month ain’t bad at all. So I won’t go broke if it fails.
Gladly, I chose the right platform to teach me online.
On the other hand, I also tried some tutorials on YouTube a few years back and it was just a failure as I will explain why later on.
Why I Tried Wealthy Affiliate
The reason I have tried Wealthy Affiliate is that it does not have a scary price tag in it. I got a discount on my first month which is enough for me to move forward and learn this platform. Turns out that it was cheap and at the same time, worth it.
The reason why it is worth it is because it has only a price tag of 50 dollars per month, which you will just earn easily once you have successfully built your business online. So you won’t have less burdens on buying the course.
I can also start early because of its price. In this world, faster is better then perfect. I started to live by that the moment I joined this platform. I’ll just figure things out along the way is what I always tell myself, and I did not failed.
Some course charge 300 – 500 or even 1,000 dollars. I even found a course that tries to sell me a product that promises it would solve my earning problems but costs 3,000 dollars. That’s insane! I don’t want to risk that much.
So to compare my 19 dollars to their price tag, I would rather stay in the platform. Plus the benefits are huge. There are tons of features that I will talk about later such as a spelling and grammar checker (Which I failed to use that’s why I typed “stucked” on my first articles,) Hosting, Tutorials, Webinars Etc.
See the grammar checker? Still doubting yourself if you can write without being a writer? 🙂
So to sum things up: Cheaper price and Features!
The Reason Why I Don’t Recommend You Learning in YouTube even if it is Free
The next question is that there are tons of free materials online such as YouTube. It is free and easy to use. No risks are needed if you choose YouTube.
Take it from someone who has used YouTube 2 years back before starting on Wealthy Affiliate. Using YouTube on learning things on making money online is a mess.
While it is true that it won;t risk your money. Well it actually would as I would explain later. But there is another reason.
You are wasting time.
Using it for Learning affiliate marketing will just be a mess. Here are the reasons why it is so.
1. Creators want Money
I would explain this by first telling you how they create money from you based on how YouTube works.
Creators are usually being paid per a thousand views on their videos. Which does not actually looks bad right? I won’t affect you much. But that is wrong.
For that reason, creators are creating tons of features that usually ranges from 5 to 15 minutes each just to teach you a single thing that might even not work. There are times that you could watch about 5 videos that would tell the same things and the reason is that they need to get as much views from you as possible.
Imagine wasting an hour watching videos that would not give you the information you need. In the end you lose your valuable time. That could be better used for writing content.
Another reason is that since YouTube is not paying the content creators well these days, they have no choice but to sell their products online. I guess you have experienced that some creators are making videos and then they hold back a lot of information so you would buy their course.
Imagine that you are getting information that is not full, they leave the foundation of their method of making money online as a question mark so you will have no choice but to be intrigued and buy their course. You can not blame them for that since they really need some money too.
But what is not good is that instead of learning things online, They are just trying to sell their product to you. Trust me that most of them really costs a lot. I found one before when I was studying in YouTube that invited me to a free Webinar that promises that my money problems will be solved.
Turns out that he is just selling me his course for I think about 500 dollars, which he explained is really cheap and is guaranteed to work. Well I was disappointed because I was ready and prepared my notebook to learn, but what I get is an advertisement on how he should be a normal human being, and now he is traveling the world and does not care about money anymore.
Now, compare that 500 dollars risky investment to 19 dollars.
Plus, there are no information that would be held back since Wealthy Affiliate does not have any up sells. Just the membership.
2. Tons of Creators that it becomes Confusing
There are tons of creators in YouTube which should be a good thing to be honest with you. But for a complete beginner, it would become a terrible idea to start with.
The reason for this is that since there are a lot of people to teach you, they don’t usually have the same methods in doing things. This becomes extremely difficult because they might use different methods in making some things.
For instance, when I learned from YouTube on how to create a website, I got through about 5 videos which all have different methods and ways to create a website, plus they are talking about domain which I have to learn from another videos and the list just piles up.
I ended up making a website in a month. Compare that to a few hours on Wealthy Affiliate.
Did you notice that? A series of videos for creating a website, series of videos for having a domain and more. All of which took me a month. Well, I did not even have a domain. It took a month to finally make a web 2.0 site on WordPress. If only I found out about wealthy affiliate that time…
Wealthy Affiliate is different, you get the online entrepreneur course made by Kyle himself (one of the founders). There, all of the basic foundations will be taught to you. It has 5 levels that are perfectly made that after you’ve finished the 5, you will surely know how to make an online business.
There are also more tutorials in the platform after that which would increase your knowledge more.
More into it later.
After you finished the course and got the foundations, feel free to use YouTube. Now, you have the foundations and YouTube will be a good supplementary for your journey. 🙂
3. Waste of Time
Have you seen the cycle? Watch a series of video to learn one thing, and then watch more videos on other things which you wind up taking too much of your time.
Imagine just using that time to improve your website, using a proven strategy. Things will be much different.
What’s more is that you should have a tutorial that is made for your level and increases more and more. This rarely happens of YouTube.
You will be lucky if you have found someone who will teach you everything he/she knows about Affiliate marketing without selling you their course, but that is a very rare opportunity which I haven’t found till now.
In conclusion, I personally don’t want you to use YouTube if you are just starting out. You could use it if you are experienced though, get the opinion of others. Wealthy Affiliate also has tutorials inside which will be really helpful.
Things I am expecting to achieve in Wealthy Affiliate
So because YouTube failed me before in creating a business online, I learned my lesson and since I did not want to waste my time, I started to go to Premium membership all the way.
But there is something that I have, a list of things that I would want to accomplish in Wealthy Affiliate. If this is not the case, I would cancel my membership after the first month.
You can call them my goals on why I tried it.
Here they are:
- Create my own Website
- Own an online business
- Learn Basic Website Designing
- Get Viewers to my Website Organically
- Build a solid knowledge foundation on generating income online
Did I Achieved Those Things in Wealthy Affiliate?
So did I accomplished those things? Let us check them out individually.
1. Create my Own Website (ACCOMPLISHED)
The fact that you are in this post is a proof that I have succeeded in making a website. As of this writing, I have 4 website including this one. So I have accomplished it in the platform.
2. Own Online Businesses (ACCOMPLISHED)
Out of the 4 websites I have, 3 are now generating some money for me. The one website that doesn’t have any income as of this writing is this website you are in: https://onejason.com
The reason why this website is not earning any amount of money is because it is still a new website and this is just my second article. So I have no viewers for this website yet. No viewers means no money, if you are wondering why, check out the summary on how this works above.
3. Learn Basic Web design (ACCOMPLISHED)
If you are going to ask me, my current website is really cool and amazing. I don’t have a website that has too much design simply because I factor in loading time. Which is one of the ranking factors in google. My website loads faster and they are pleasing to the eye.
Plus, I can make a webpage good enough to attract visitors. Don’t hesitate to check my homepage if you want.
I don’t have the skills of a very experienced web designer. Duh! I’m not a master of everything, but the basics are well placed into my head.
4. Get Viewers to my Website Organically (ACCOMPLISHED)
Yes, my websites do appear in google and it earns money for me because of the viewership from search engines. My websites are found in major and minor search engines such as google, yahoo, bing, duckduckgoo, yandex and so much more!
5. Build a Solid Foundation on making money Online (ACCOMPLISHED)
With the knowledge about Search engine optimization, website creation and more things I have learned in the course, I have laid the foundations in creating a stable source of income online. It is also increasing faster each month since I am not stopping in hustling.
So yeah! I built a solid foundation on making money online by affiliate marketing.
My experiences, tips, advice and everything there is in Wealthy Affiliate for your success. (MUST READ)
This section is different from the ones above which just explains what Wealthy Affiliate is. Please Read this part since this is where I will share every tips I can think of.
You should go to this Journey with a solid foundation and mindset which is why I am writing this. Plus, you need the discount is you decide on joining since the 30 dollars discount will work wonders.
TIP: If you join Wealthy Affiliate, do not hesitate to ask me. I do my best to answer your questions as fast as I can. Just comment down below. You can also ask me via Instagram messenger or any Social media platforms on the footer of this website.
I hate fake product reviews. That’s why to start this part, I have placed here a welcome message to give you a guarantee that the review you are getting here is 100% true. I guaranteed that there are no BS right?
Initial Impression of the Site
The community is great! You are surrounded with like minded people who are beginners and the experts in this kind of work. You get to ask them personally and get their opinion in certain things you need help on.
There are also times where I get stuck in something in my website and I just go to their live chat and 90% of the time, somebody would answer. If not, you could post a question.
I usually post a question especially if it needs some screenshot. I do this and then sleep (LOL). I check the answers in the morning where it will eventually come. Of course I will thank the one who answered.
This is really amazing especially for beginner like me. Imagine a total beginner being introduced to a vast majority of things I can possibly earn money on. I did not know that this exist.
By the way, the platform , community and course are really cool. You would start at level 1 and once you reach level 5 and finish it. Congratulations! You have the basics and the things you should know when starting your online business.
A Brief Tour on the Course (How to Start)
So to start this, first let me tell you what you should do the moment you start in Wealthy Affiliate. Go to “Training” on the left side and then take the Online Entrepreneur Certification. This will be the foundation that you will need in starting this Journey. make sure to check them out and I will explain here what each of them would do for you.
P.S. I am sorry for placing my logo on the images, I just don’t want people taking these images and create fake reviews.
Now let us check them individually shall we?
Getting Started – This is the part where you will be introduced on how to make your website. This entails the details on what is the business model of this venture which I discussed above. Basically everything so you can start up your website. It took me a day to finish this level. That’s why I was able to make a website in a day as I said above compared to a month before.
Building Your Own Traffic Producing Website – This level includes on how you would build your website visitors also known as traffic, since you need this in order to earn money online. This is one of the fundamental things you need to learn by heart if you want to succeed. This will also introduce keyword research where you will be taught how to choose a topic to write about (VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT) because a lot of people fail in this venture since they did not understood much about keyword research. It took me about 2 days to finish this part.
Making Money – This is everybody’s favorite part of the course. The reason is simple. You will be taught how you could make money from the traffic that you would be producing once you know how to make one. This is great since you will be introduced to the core of your business. This includes advertisements and commissions. I don’t need to emphasize how important this is right? You know for yourself that this is the reason why you took the shot of Wealthy Affiliate.
I do suggest that you go to level 3 once you have finished levels 1 and 2. The arrangement of the course is made for a reason. It took mo about a 5 days to finish this part.
Mastering Social Engagement – You would have a big problem when starting a website. Visitors! Google doesn’t like new websites. That’s why they don’t get much views in the beginning. You might be frustrated by this part because you don’t see any results. Don’t worry I’ve been there. That’s why this part is great as it introduces you to social engagement, which could drive you traffic in the early stages. It took me about 1 week to finish this part.
Achieving Maximum Success through Content Creation – At this point, I know that you already know the basics. If you followed the course fully, this part will be the kind of advanced parts. This includes using google webmaster tools, Sitemaps and more. What’s important in this part is that it makes you plan ahead. You plan for the next months on how many articles will you be making. This is important since I know some quote that goes like this. “Proper preparation leads to best performance.” This plan will carry you through after the end of the course. At this level, you will be seeing how much different your knowledge is the before you started the course. I felt so happy when I learned the foundations and some advanced concepts on the course. It took me 3 weeks to finish this one.
Tips in Taking the Course
I always get a tip from all of the pros in Wealthy Affiliate. Here it is. “Just follow the Course.” Actually that is right. Just follow the course and with proper hustling and keyword research, you will eventually see the results. Remember that this is not a quick rich scheme.
The great thing about this is the lessons are arranged in the sense that you would get the hang of everything slowly. This ensures that once you’re reached level 5. You already know all the basics since lesson 5 will be more on the advanced concepts.
I also suggest you to repeat the course since you might have missed something.
In the end, go with this phrase: “Slowly but surely.”
This means you must learn all the basics in this course so you will have the foundations to make your online business. The advanced ones are important but without the stable foundation in this course, it might spell failure.
Features that could help you in Affiliate Marketing
Alright! Now that you know how to get started and use the course effectively, I am going to discuss about the features Wealthy Affiliate has in order for you to succeed in your Journey.
You see, Wealthy Affiliate is not only a website that has a course to help you start. It is also perfect for the veterans. The reason why people like me who finished the course stays in Wealthy Affiliate is because of its Features.
What You Get Inside Wealthy Affiliate
Here are some of them that I personally use:
1. Hosting– I got hosting for 50 Websites which is really insane! No other have done this at the price of 50 dollars per month. You get hosting for 50 websites. Some hosting companies charge 24 dollars per month for just 5 websites. Imagine what you could do with 50 websites!
2. Domain Buying -I can also buy domains in the platform. This is really convenient as I don’t need to buy from other websites.
3. Free SSL Certificate and Sitespeed which will put your website rankings to the next level. You don’t need to manually add them since they will automatically be done for you. Trust me, both of those will be very important. It is great that it is FREE if you choose Wealthy Affiliate.
4. Other Training Modules such as the Affiliate boot camp that is a 7 series course that will teach you to leverage and scale your business with gaining more traffic and income. Some others include backlink building, Basic On-page SEO, Dropshipping and more!
5. Keyword Research – I got access to a keyword research tool which can be really expensive if bought outside. Keyword research could costs 99 – 199 dollars per month.
6. Live Webinars – Aside from the Training Modules, Wealthy Affiliate has a weekly live webinars where you will be taught in the recent events and the current trends in making money online. This is the reason why even the people who already made the business doesn’t leave Wealthy Affiliate. The weekly updates are really great to further expand their knowledge, you will also get an access for them.
7. Website Feedback Feature – There is a Website feedback option where other Wealthy Affiliate will grade your website and give you some tips on how you could improve them. Do not hate this feature! It might hurt that the people are telling bad things about your site, but there are things that you need to know and no one will tell you but your fellow Wealthy Affiliate members. You really have to get the opinion of others on how to improve your site. Nobody is perfect.
8. Site Comment Section – One thing that Google loves is the community within your website. They measure it through comments on your site. The more comment you have, the better your website will rank. This is another reason why I love WA. They have a feature where you will comment with other people’s website and in return, they will comment on yours. This is really helpful since you won’t have any blog comments when starting out this journey.
9. Live chat and Questions – These feature helps you ask the community if you are currently experiencing any problem. This is really great since as a beginner, you are prone to mistake. Not your fault alright? We’ve all been there.
10. Blog – You will see posts from fellow WA members on their success stories and give you motivation to continue the venture. Trust me that it really helped me. If not for those, I might have quit since it really requires constant work to see results. Note: You can also make blog posts 🙂
11. Writing Platform – Important for people who suck at writing like me. The Site Content Feature which will check your grammar and spelling for free so you could make a 100% error free writing.
12. Duplicate Content Checker – Last thing I would like to mention is still in the Site Content Feature, it has the duplicate content checker where it would check if your article has duplicate content on the Web. This is really important because google and other search engines hate duplicate content. They want original ones.
There are more features, these are the ones that I personally love. You can check the others out too!
Is it cheap?
Consider this, Wealthy Affiliate has a Free Account where you get access to 2 websites. No credit card needed. 🙂
Now, if you like an upgrade or want to go to premium immediately, you could get a 30 dollars discount leaving you with 19 dollars on your first month.
On that 19 Dollars, you can host up to 50 websites, get the keyword research tool, get the course, live webinars and all of the other features that I stated above.
Now compare that to 350 – 700 dollars worth of courses that would only give you a course. No extra features involved. Can you see how much is the risk involved in the others?
Wealthy Affiliate’s course is already a proven strategy plus the features are definitely a catch to anyone. That is the reason why you can see even the people who finished the course stay in Wealthy Affiliate. The keyword research tool, hosting, SSL, Sitespeed are really expensive than it should be if you think about it.
So in my opinion, if I will have a platform that would be an all in one website for my business, where I can host up to 25 domain owned and 25 siterubix websites, this is definitely worth it.
PLUS YOU GET THE WHOLE PACKAGE IN THE PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP. THERE ARE NO UPSELLS! I really love that 🙂
Does Wealthy Affiliate have Upsells?
I hate upsells, I know a course where they will invite you since they promise that they will solve your money problems and their membership is only 13 dollars per month. WOW! That’s CHEAP!
Know what? Once you get inside the course, you will be introduced to tons of upsells that could lead you to spend more than 200 dollars on those. Not involving the personal mentorship which costs a whooping 500 dollars!
I really hate that they hook people up with cheap membership and then get them to buy more things when they have bought it. This means the features that are promised to you will be needed to unlock. How? Pay more money.
Wealthy Affiliate does not have that. Once you get premium, you have all the premium features are your disposal. This is what makes Wealthy Affiliate authentic and honest with their customers. Can you now see the difference?
So.. NO. No upsells, just the premium membership. 😉
Wealthy Affiliate is Not Enough!!!
First of all, thank you so much for reading up to here in this article. To be honest, you have read approximately 7,000 words already once you have reached this part. So I promise not to let you down at all. The parts remaining will tackle on how could you succeed and beat the competition in this Business. Let’s go future entrepreneur! I am just happy to see you this much dedicated.
This article is not made just to promote Wealthy Affiliate, well I am promoting it because it is a great platform but if you are joining after reading this article, I want you to succeed, so I would say to you that if you want to stand out of the competition, Wealthy Affiliate is not enough!
This means that you need other resources to rock in Affiliate Marketing. Do think out of the box. Let me explain this by giving an example.
Here is a Wealthy Affiliate Review definitely made by a WA member.
Let us study the post.
Now, how did I know that this is made by a fellow WA member? It is simple. That is what Wealthy Affiliate teaches in creating a review article.
As you can see, they have the same title and almost the same format. Title includes “is ___ a scam?.” ______ review.” Etc.
Now is this post wrong? No! This post is really effective and Don’t get me wrong, the guy there did a very thorough and accurate review. A very great job! This will surely get him a lot of money if he continues to work hard.
BUT! In every business, be sure to be the first, or be different.
Imagine having 100 or even 200 people making that kind of article on a product. Do you think you will stand out?
I don’t think so.
So if you want to beat the competition, you need to study outside Wealthy Affiliate. Don’t worry though, through my research. I have listed the things that helped me and worked well. So you will also stand out in the competition. Let us start on how to TRIPLE YOUR INCOME in this business!
How to Double or Even Triple Your Income in Wealthy Affiliate
So to make the most out of Wealthy Affiliate, you need to think outside of the box. Learn from others not only in the platform. Learn something that they do not know. Play with some plugins that they haven’t even heard of. It might break your site in the process, but you will learn.
What I love in WA is that it would be risk free or less risky if you choose this hosting. Because unlike other hosting services, they do provide free backup in case your website breaks.
How many times did I broke my site just to give you guys these recommendations?
By broke means that I can’t open my website anymore. So imagine how many times did I made minor mistakes in it. I couldn’t count anymore.
So all of these failures I experienced, if you don’t want to also get them and make your journey smoothly, do not worry since I will share them all with you.
Tools and Tutorials that Brought my Affiliate Marketing Game to the Next Level
If you want to have more knowledge outside of Wealthy Affiliate, here are the best guides I have found and used throughout my journey. I did learned from them not all at the same time, but gradually. Consider Yourself lucky that you don’t need to find them.
By now, you might not get these tutorials. Do not worry! Once you finished Wealthy Affiliate’s Online Entrepreneur Certification Course (OEC), come back to these tutorials. You know where to find this website right? You can just bookmark it if you aren’t sure.
1. Anatomy of a Perfectly Optimized Page – This is a very thorough guide on Search Engine Optimization. SEO experts admit that On-page SEO is more than 20% of your total SEO points. That is big and considering that it is very easy to apply. Make sure to check this one once you are done with the Course.
2. On Page SEO – This will be very important. It is a guide on how google will love you website. This is a thorough guide with data on how it affects SEO. Another great read.
3. https://seo-hacker.com – This is a website dedicated to teach you the basics and the advanced part of SEO, as you can see almost all of the helpful guides I used are about SEO. Why? Because SEO is very important. It gets your posts visible in search engines. With this, your posts will get above the others in search engines. Giving you more clicks.
4. The Ultimate Guide to Off-Page SEO – So you got the On page SEO guide, this one is an amazing off-page SEO guide. Off page means that these are optimization that are outside of your website. This is quite daunting at first but you will get the hang of it soon. For now, I suggest you to continue making content but make sure to also read this.
1. Yoast SEO – Wealthy Affiliate comes with the All-in-one SEO plugin. Both are really helpful but most of the people go with Yoast. It has tons of features and the Readability and SEO checker is always helpful. Always aim for the green light. It will make you appreciate what this has to offer and will bring you the feel on the basics on on-page SEO. Yoast has a lot of features such as sitemaps, social menu and more. I admit that without this plugin, on page seo will be terribly hard for me. Since there are tons of feature this has, and I can’t tackle them all because this post will become surprisingly a lot longer, check Yoast’s guide here on their plug-in: The beginner’s guide to Yoast SEO
2. Smush – Wealthy Affiliate has the EWWW Image Optimizer, I did not like it. It does not compress image as much as Smush. Image optimization is very important in SEO because smaller images means a faster loading time.
3. All in One Schema Rich Snippet – Snippets are very important. In fact, in a study, Google rewards sites with snippets with a higher ranking in searches. It is not surprising because it helps them in accessing what your post is all about. It is good that the free version is sufficient for you to rank. Make sure to set this up. 🙂
4. WP Socializer – We currently live in a world where social media is really important. Plus, this provides extra backlink to your site which improves rankings. What this plugin does is that it adds social media sharing buttons to your website and posts. So it would be easier for your viewers to share your website to the world. Really helpful if you ask me.
5. W3 Total Cache – Site speed my friend. Site speed is important. Cache is very important if you want to bring your site speed to the next level. Here is my Site speed using Pingdom, which will be discussed below on the websites that would help you in your Journey.
RULE: Always try your best to have a Score of more than 70.
6. WordFence Security – Need I say more? People tend to forget this. Now that you are creating something that would bring you income in the long run, you don’t want it to get hacked or you lose all of your efforts. Get a security plug-in. I use Wordfence since it is really effective and most of all, FREE! Grab one okay?
1. Canva – Canva is what I use to edit Images on my blog posts. In fact, some of the images I used in this post are made with Canva. Remember to make some cool images so you can attcract readers. If you are not an expert in image editing like me, Canva will be our friend. Best of all, it is FREE!
2. Pexels – You will learn in Wealthy Affiliate to always use images that are Royalty-free. This means that you will use images that are allowed to be used without buying them. This prevents Copyright infringement notice that might hurt your website, both financially and in rankings. I found Pexels provide really high quality images
3. Website Grader – You want to grade your overall website performance? SEO, Mobile Friendliness, Speed and Security? Here will be your friend with that. Here is mine.
Note: I recommend you getting a score of more than 80%
4. Pingdom – As you know, I have a Pingdom site speed result above. This measures your website speed. Make sure to get it higher than 70. Website Speed is a Google Ranking Parameter.
5. Website Authority Checker – This is quite advanced, for now don’t think about this much. This measures how your website performs or your authority based on tons of parameters. Focus on creating content since the more quality content you have, the more Authority your website has. Don’t believe me? Check the DA of Wikipedia.
6. Image Compressor – I found that some people don’t like putting too much plug-ins in their website because it hurts their site speed. Well they are partly right. If you don’t want to install an image compressor plug-in and want to do it yourself, use image compressor. I used it before and it helped me a lot in site speed. Plus, it usually compress better than plug-ins based on my experience.
There are other important Websites, plugins and guides but they are in Wealthy Affiliate so you don’t need to worry about them. 🙂 e.g. Google Analytics, Search Console, etc.
For now, concentrate on the OEC Course.
Flashback ( A Little Break )
I remember the time where I can’t even buy things that I want for myself. Where I live by with noodles just to survive. I remember the time where I wasted my time on computer games.
I leveled my game character a lot but I forgot to level myself up.
I want to travel, not every time but to have some money for me to enjoy traveling while still earning money. If I hadn’t made the decision to start earning money online and hustled all the way… I won’t be where I am right now.
I remembered that my first sale was very exciting and after a week, the buyer returned the product. So I did not had my commission, I was really frustrated to have no income despite the work for 3 months. I was ready to quit and after a few days, I received 3 new orders. I got 3x what I lost.
Each coming weeks became a lot better. Now, I am happy that I earn money and I can travel whenever I want.
I know that my post here seems that Affiliate marketing will be easy, but it is not. Do not do it halfheartedly. You need to have the determination. If you don’t have much determination, it might not work or worse, will lead to failure.
But you can do better than me. Why? Everything is placed in this article. How you could succeed in this venture to all the tips and tricks I’ve used. You don’t have to research a lot because I already did it for you when I started this journey.
If you are in need of motivation, you can always contact me by commenting and I will tend to you as fast as I can.
If you joined Wealthy Affiliate, even the free account, just contact me, or If you go with the Premium Account, I prepared a discount for you. Whatever it is, if you don’t like it just cancel the membership.
But remember that nothing great is made overnight. If this method worked for 100,000 WA members, so can you. You just need persistence. You even have a clear advantage from us because of the tips I gave you. 🙂
So your chance of failing is as low as possible if you try the platform.
That’s enough, let’s continue!
Why do People Fail in Affiliate Marketing by Wealthy Affiliate
The chance of succeeding in Wealthy Affiliate is really high. The course is made in great detail and its levels are made to cater you from an absolute beginner to intermediate level. The tools and other training materials are also there.
To be honest, there is really no chance of failure if you know what you are doing.
However, some people still fail. The following reasons are the things I have found why. Make sure to take note of them if you want to succeed. 🙂
Oh and another, the biggest reason why they fail is they don’t have the Secret Sauce which I will discuss on last part of this article.
Reasons Why They Fail
1. They Easily Give Up
Everything is laid out to you. The tutorials, community and motivation. This post is also given to you for your success. So why did they failed? They gave up easily.
Results can be seen 3 months to 1 year depending on your competition. I know this because I almost gave up. I don’t have any close friends or family who earns money by this so what do I know? If I did not had that sale 3 months into this venture, I would most likely gave up.
Why? Because I got tired of waiting.
Good news is that now have a living testimony that it worked. That’s me. It worked for me, so can you. So do not give up. Continue hustling and you will find success.
Even so, the whole WA community is there to keep your motivations up. That’s what I love about WA. The community brings each other up. You could find a motivational post every day by WA members. Read them to keep your motivation up.
Just think that One day, you would be one of them that gives motivation to people who are just starting up like you did before.
2. People are Afraid of Mistakes
I told you that I broke my website 3 times my whole Journey. That does not include the minor errors I made. I sometimes did a backup, sometimes I need to install a new theme because I screwed up the editor.
In the end, I learned a lot. I can say that if I did not do those things, I would not be as informed as I am right now.
Some things are taught by experience. I am glad to have those mistakes.
Don’t be scared. It is alright to make mistakes if your website is new. You don’t get a lot of visitors at the start anyway.
The worst thing is to get those mistake when you already have tons of visitors. Imagine the disaster.
So just learn from your mistakes early on. Don’t be afraid and you’ll be proud of your mistakes in the future.
Play with the Themes, Plug-ins, websites etc.
3. They don’t think outside the box
I guess you already know what I mean by this, I set the example of a WA member post above.
Remember that you should think outside the box. Be different from your competition. Be better. Don’t settle for WA only.
Another is that you don’t have to sell common products. You can always promote products with very low competition. You will learn about this in the WA course about Keyword research.
Get this.The more competition you have, the harder it would be.
Either be the first or be better. Use the resources I provided above to step up your game and beat the others.
I know that the web world is getting very competitive. You might be losing hope. But get this, Google admits that 15% of the searches everyday are different. So everyday, there are new keywords to rank for.
Another is that, Wealthy Affiliate has the keyword research tool to help you find the best keywords to rank for. DOn’t worry about that much. Just use my tips and combine it with the course.
The best tip is just do it anyway 😀
4. They do not save
Get this. In every business, you have to save money. This is just my personal preference, but I do not come out as entirely broke. I read a book called “The Richest Man in Babylon.”
i like that book because of this quote. “A part of what You Earn is Yours to Keep.”
So I make it to the point that I keep 10% for my savings. I might need it for emergencies. I am also going to use it soon in investing in some place else because I am reading books about stock investing as of now.
Remember that we do not know what will happen to the industry. Currently, the Affiliate Marketing world is a good treasure mine but we do not know what will happen 5 – 10 years from now.
Remember to always keep some money for yourself and invest for your future.
Another thing is that since you have some spare cash, you have some money for an upkeep. For example there is a Google dance which happens if Google updated their ranking factors. This sometimes put your website in the latter pages for awhile so you lose visitors for a few days.
Do not worry since it would come back up again. But the expenses such as the Hosting, Domain, and whatever it is you are using should not be delayed. You should have an emergency fund to keep up your business.
I hope you get what I mean. Just save at least 10% like what I am doing. We do not know what the future holds.
But just imagine, once you are secured in this work. You could even go 3 – 6 months without doing anything and still receive money even if you are in the beach swimming. Ah life!
Who Should Get The Course and Who Should Not.
You might be asking this, who deserves to be part of the course and who should not. Better know before getting the membership right?
This Course is For:
- If you are an absolute beginner in creating a business online (Me when I first started)
- If you want to improve your knowledge on creating an online business, know the current trends in affiliate marketing such as in SEO, product searching and keyword research.
- If you want a part-time job that would one day give you a full time income
- If you desperately want some financial independence in the future (Me when I had an assessment on what I want in life)
- If you want to use your spare time wisely (Me when I quit gaming)
- If you are a student who wants a side hustle
- If you are a student who wants a income after graduation because let’s face it, it is hard landing a job at this point in time, we need to sustain ourselves while finding a job. (I’ve been there and wished that I should’ve found Wealthy Affiliate when I was in college)
- If you don’t want to go to college and thinks its a waste of time (I know a Wealthy Affiliate member that did this, now earning 6 figures at age of 21, he did not go to college and went straight Hustling to Wealthy Affiliate)
- If you are someone who hates commuting to work on a rush hour (You can work from home or anywhere with this. All you need is a laptop and internet)
- If you are someone who needs to stay at home to work on something else (e.g. Taking care of your baby, I know a member in Wealthy Affiliate who did it now earning 6 figures.)
- If you are serious in changing your life. (Me when I started this venture.)
This Course is NOT for:
- If you think that this is a Quick Rich Scheme – I repeat, this method requires months of hustling to make it into a full time income business. You need to continuously learn, adapt and apply these methods if you really want success. Don’t think that you’ll make a stable income tomorrow, next week or even next month.
- If you think this is a magic pill to all of your problems in life – There is no magic pill in your money problems. Let’s face it, if you want to earn money, work for it. Stop that working smart is enough mentality. All of the successful people I know combined that work smart thing (thought in Wealthy Affiliate, Keyword Research) with working hard by delivering a 1000-2000 words article each keyword.
- If you have no desire or passion to change your current income problem
- If you don’t want to make efforts in establishing this business
- If you think this is only an investment of money – No, this is not just an investment of money. Just like any business, you give your all. Your money, strength, willpower and everything you have in order to make this work and give you passive income in the future.
How to Get the Course with the Discount Code?
So we are almost in the end of the article, so thank you for reading the first 10,000 words of this article. I told you that it took me a week to finish this right? Now, this means that if you have read that far, you are very interested in joining Wealthy Affiliate. So here it is. Click on the button below to have your discount. Get the 30 dollars off membership.
Or I know that times are tough, I’ve been there. Get the hang out of Wealthy Affiliate with this Free membership!
The Secret Sauce to Success in this Platform
Okay, I am on my final things to say about Wealthy Affiliate, but I have to give you the one last tip I could give. This tip saved me, and almost all the other Wealthy Affiliate members in creating a business online. Without this, we are not where we are now.
What is it?
No matter how hopeless it seems to be, be persistent and reach for the stars. There will come a time where you will ask yourself if you are doing things right. You have no site visitors because Google does not trust your website yet.
But you have the entire Wealthy Affiliate community with you. There is a website feedback option. If you are doing things right, 2-6 months from now, you will have your first sale. I did it at 2 and half months. After that 6 months, Google will trust you even more. So be prepared for a double or triple sales. If you still persist after a year, Search engines will love your website and will again double or triple your sales.
Imagine what your life could be in just a year. How about 2? That is not far away.
So in my conclusion, soar the skies!
I am a just a single man who wrote all of this. Of course you won’t get all the information you need from me. That’s why the tutorials in Wealthy Affiliate are there for you.
However, I have placed everything I know here for you to succeed. That’s why this Article took me a week and 11 thousand words to finish.
In here, I have placed all of my tips, tricks and guide for you to succeed and beat your competition.
If you have any questions, don’t forget to leave a message down below. Also, once you’ve joined Wealthy Affiliate and finished the course, remember to come back to this article and read it again. I am sure that you are going to learn some things that you did not understood well when you started out.
Once again! Go, work and soar the skies! My fellow Entrepreneur!