I am one of the people who always say that having the right aim or goal in life is one of the most important things you can do for yourself. Thus, I prepared this article for those people in need to know what is their aim in life and why it’s important. I also made a list of examples and how you can find your aim in life to help people find their goals. But first, let’s answer what is our ultimate aim in life.
Our aim in life is to live happily. The reason for this is what makes us happy is different from each other. Every person must find what makes them happy and that should be their aim in life. To reach that aim, we would need more specific aims to follow.
That’s why it is important to know your values. It is important to have clear values so you’ll know what would really make you happy. Remember that while others say that the ultimate goal in life is to be successful, Success like happiness is different for each person as I will discuss more on later. Thus, I greatly recommend you to know why having clear aims and values are important.
I have an article which explains that in further detail. Thus, I recommend you also read it: What is the importance of having clear values in life?
Why is aim important in life?
Finding our aim in life is important because life is all about finding what matters to you. Each of us has different aims in life which would ultimately make us happier and live longer. A life without any aim would just be lonely, boring, and directionless.
The reason why we need to find an aim in life is that we all have different aims.
The thing I see people usually do is to follow the aim of other people around them.
Some people follow the aim of their parents. Or the aim of their idol.
That is actually wrong. Very wrong.
That is the reason why you will see people who are very rich and looks successful but if you ask them, they will tell you that they are not really happy. They will tell you that it seems something is lacking.
That something is their actual aim.
For example, not all success to people would be for them to be a billionaire, a millionaire, or to be famous. There are people who aim for a simple life and if that’s what makes them happy, then there is nothing wrong with that.
What’s wrong is to force our own aims and goals on other people which would ultimately make them unsatisfied even if they worked so hard for it.
The reason is very simple. It is not the thing that would make them happy.
Thus, finding your aim in life is very important. Perhaps, it is the most important thing you need to do in your life.
Whether you are here for self-improvement, or to finish a simple task from school, it should not be taken lightly.
Simply because the path to your happiness in life would only be possible if you know where you are going, and where you’re going is your aim in life.
If you want to live a satisfying life, then it is greatly recommended to find your actual aim. What are the things that would make you satisfied?
What would make you get out of bed every morning excited to work for your goals again? What is the ultimate form of success in your opinion?
In here, you would actually ask yourself. There is no right or wrong answer. We have different aspirations in life and it doesn’t matter if your aim is different from each other.
Because of that, the next section would give you examples of different aims in life and categories in life. These will be important.
The examples are meant to serve as an inspiration for you so you can get an idea of what kind of aim are we looking for. Furthermore, there is a guide there that would help you write your future plan to reach your aims in life.
What is your aim in life example?
Because I know how hard it is to get your goals and aim in life, I have prepared some examples of different aims in life but I still recommend you find it out yourself.
To help if to find your aims in life yourself, I recommend you to read my other article about future planning which talks about how to find your goals or aims in life. It will really help a lot plus it has templates for essays. Here is the link: How to Write your Future Plan
Here are examples of different aims in life:
- My aim is to be successful.
- My aim is to be financially free.
- My aim is to make my parents proud
- My aim is to help people in need
- My aim is to help starving children
- My aim is to boost my career
- My aim is to be healthy
- My aim is to make more friends
- My aim is to take care of my mental health
- My aim is to improve my public speaking skills
- My aim is to learn how to be productive
- My aim is to get more experience for my career
- My aim is to get closer to God
- My aim is to serve Humanity
These are a good start if you want to get an idea of how to get your aims in life. It would also help to know the different areas in our life that may need aims or goals.
To help you more, I will share the different categories of goals so you can see if an aspect of your life would need some goals or aims.
Here are the Categories of Aims or Goals
- Financial Goals
- Health Goals
- Relationship Goals
- Psychological Goals
- Educational Goals
- Personal Development Goals
- Experience Goals
- Spiritual Goals
- Career Goals
- External Goals
For a detailed explanation of each of these categories, you may visit this article: How to Categorize your Goals
That’s basically it. You now have everything you need to make your aim in life. Furthermore, I’ve explained why it’s really important to us.
Make sure to make your values, aims, and goals clear to find your personal life path since the only way to hit a target if there is an actual target.
“Only the things I love.“
If you’re following me, you’ll know that I believe it is essential to have some tools, whether it’s for personal development or lifestyle in general.
So, here are the things I love.
If you want to learn things for free, then I recommend you to watch my YouTube Channel. Click the Button Below to go straight into my Channel. 🙂
Okay, let me first explain my Channel.
I believe that I really can’t explain everything too well on my blog. That’s why I created a YouTube Channel so I can easily explain a lot of things. Plus, I believe that Video Sharing is the future.
The next thing is books. Books are, for me, one of the cheapest ways to get invaluable information. We can learn personal development, finance, career, relationships, and many more from books.
Here, I will be listing my favorite books in different categories.
- For Beginners – 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey – Personal development has a lot of concepts and ideas to learn. Thus it can be really hard for beginners to know where to start. Thus, I recommend this book since all the basic concepts of personal development are here(except finance, check what I recommended for that)
- Productivity – The One Thing by Gary Keller – This book teaches us the power of focusing on one thing which is the ultimate source of productivity. The concepts taught are what I am using to constantly publish YouTube videos while maintaining this website.
- Busy? – Make Time by Jack Knapp – This book teaches us how to make time for the things we love. The concept is really simple but I think that makes it a book worth reading.
- Health – Lifespan by Dr.Sinclair – This Book teaches about the latest scientific research on lifespan. In his book, he has shared numerous things he is doing to slow down his aging process. This can be as easy as eating less which he recommends.
- Finance – The Richest Man in Babylon by George Clason – Perhaps one of the first books I’ve read about Finance, this book for me is the best if we are talking about learning basic finance such as basic saving and investing. The concepts are very simple but effective.
Take this advice as a grain of salt.
I don’t recommend buying Audiobooks one by one. I mean, audiobooks can be quickly finished by listening while working out or doing some mindless tasks.
So here is to save you some money. Just go for a monthly subscription to Audible. I believe that you will save a lot of money with that plus, they usually give freebies to anyone starting.
My Audiobook Recommendation will always be the same as my book recommendations, but I personally like The 5 Second Rule by Mel Robbins. I like how she is so casual while reading her book.